Blueberry Dragonfruit Ice Cream aka. Purple Deliciousness
2 cupsSilk Unsweetened Coconutmilk
5 1⁄3 ouncesSilk Strawberry Yogurt Alternative (or sub vanilla)
3 1⁄2 ouncesdragonfruit puree (sold in smoothie packs at Whole Foods)
1⁄2 cupFrozen Blueberries (partially thawed)
1⁄2 cupmonkfruit (or sweetener of choice)
1⁄4 teaspoonguar gum (optional --- for thickening)
- In a high-powered blender (Blendtec or Vitamix), combine your monkfruit, coconutmilk, guar gum, and frozen blueberries. Stir with a spoon and let sit on counter for 30 - 45 minutes. Blueberries will thaw and guar gum will activate / begin thickening.
- Then, add in the remaining ingredients: dragonfruit and yogurt. Cover, then pulse or blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to an ice-cream maker and churn according to the manufactures instructions. *If you do not have an ice-cream maker: simply transfer mixture from your blender to a freezer-safe container and freeze. Every hour check on your mixture and mix with a fork or spoon.
- Freeze 6 hours or until completely firm. Then, when ready to eat, remove from freezer and let container sit out for 5 - 10 minutes to soften. Then, scoop and serve.
- Store any leftover ice cream in freezer, covered.
- Serve in a cone (optional) or in a bowl.
Yields 6 Servings