Caprese Turkey Burgers // guest post from The Healthy Maven
1 poundlean ground turkey
1 tablespoonItalian seasoning
1plain Rice Cake (crumbled)
5whole wheat buns
1large tomato (sliced)
1large ball of Mozzarella cheese
1 cupBasil Leaves
1 teaspoonBalsamic Vinegar
For the turkey patties:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine turkey, Italian seasoning, rice cake, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add in egg and stir until well combined.
- Using your hands form meat into 5 patties by rolling into balls and flattening.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat and place patties on top, spread out.
- Bake for 15 minutes on center rack.
- Remove from oven and flip over. Bake for another 15 minutes.
For the burgers:
- Toast burgers if desired.
- Slice tomato into five slices.
- Slice mozzarella into 5 slices.
- Place 1 slice of mozzarella on top of each patty and place back into the oven for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Meanwhile drizzle balsamic onto one side of the bun.
- Remove burgers from oven and place onto bun. Top with a slice of tomato and several slices of basil.
- Serve warm.
Yields 5 Burgers