Creamy Lemon Potato Bisque with Carrot Top Pesto
1medium russet potato (peeled then sliced)
4white or yellow carrots (sliced --- you can sub orange carrots, but the color of the soup will change!)
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
1 teaspoonSea Salt
1 cupSilk's Unsweetened Protein Nut Milk
2 1⁄2 cupsveggie (no-chicken) broth
1⁄2 teaspoonlemon pepper (I love Simply Organic's because it doesn't have dye)
1⁄2 teaspoonSea Salt
1 cupcarrot top pesto* (recipe below)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay out the potato, zucchini, and carrot pieces in a single layer.
- Brush on olive oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
- In a high speed blender, combine roasted veggies, nut milk, veggie broth, lemon juice, and spices. Blend on high until pureed.
- Pour into bowls, then swirl on 1/4 cup of pesto into each. Serve hot.
Yields 4 Servings