Crispy Green Bean Fries with a Maple Dijon Dipping Sauce -- the best and yummiest way to eat your veggies!! // via Nosh and Nourish
3 cupsGreen Beans (I used frozen organic)
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
2 tablespoonshemp seeds
2 tablespoonsNutritional Yeast (also known as "nooch")
1 teaspoonSea Salt
1⁄2 teaspoonblack pepper
1 tablespoonspicy dijon mustard (for the dipping sauce)
1 tablespoonDark Amber Maple Syrup (for the dipping sauce)
1 teaspooncoconut aminos (or sub soy sauce, if not strictly paleo)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe dish, add the green beans and cover with water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Then, drain the green beans.
- In a large mixing bowl, coat the green beans with olive oil.
- Lay the coated grean beans in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the hemp seeds, nooch, sea salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the green beans evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy (but not burnt).
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl: mustard, maple syrup, and coconut aminos.
- Dip the fries in the sauce and enjoy!
Yields 4 Servings