Double Chocolate Vegan Brownies with Vanilla Frosting
1 cupBanana (mashed with back of a fork)
2⁄3 cupsMaple Syrup
2⁄3 cupsmelted chocolate (make sure it's dairy-free if you want to keep these vegan!)
1⁄2 cupMelted Coconut Oil
1 tablespoonVanilla Extract
1 teaspoonxanthan gum
1 1⁄4 cupOat Flour
1 1⁄4 cupsweet rice flour
1⁄3 cupalmond flour
1⁄2 cupCoconut Sugar
1⁄3 cupcacao powder
3⁄4 cupsChocolate Chips (make sure they're dairy-free if you want to keep these vegan!)
1⁄2 cupWalnuts (optional)
18 ouncesdairy-free vanilla frosti
*each flax egg = 1 tbsp ground flax + 2 tbsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Make flax “eggs” and refrigerate for 10 min to thicken.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl with exception of 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients (mashed banana through vanilla extract) or use a hand mixer. Slowly add dry ingredients until it forms a smooth batter. Stir in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper lined 9 x 13 pan. Use a spatula to evenly spread. Bake for 35-38 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting with Simple Mills Vanilla Frosting. Finish with sprinkles (if desired)!
Yields 12 Servings