Cherry Berry Brownie Pizza
*To make the brownie crust dairy-free/vegan just use a chia egg in place of the egg, and a dairy-free/vegan milk option for the milk. For the whipped cream, just sub in So Delicious Dairy Free's Coco Whip.
• Start whipping cream the day before the remainder of the recipe if using homemade infused whipped cream… Add heavy cream to a saucepan and heat until it just starts to simmer. Remove from heat and add mint. Cover and let steep for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, pour cream through a mesh strainer, discarding any mint leaves. Then, refrigerate your cream for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight. (OR SUB STORE-BOUGHT)
• Day of prep: pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the following dry ingredients, including: almond meal, flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder. Whisk until well- combined.
• Next, add the following to you bowl: egg, milk and oil. Use a large spoon or spatula to fully combine the wet ingredients in with the dry until a brownie batter forms.
• Grease a springform pan (if you have and want to use one; it is what I used) on the bottom and slightly up the sides. Alternatively, you can just place a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and grease that lightly.
• Transfer your brownie batter to either the center of your paper or the center of your pan and start to smooth it to fill in the pan space of form a circle shape on the paper.
• Bake approximately 13- 15 minutes until fully cooked. Then, remove from oven and set aside to cool. *It is important to allow the crust to cool completely. I usually wait at least an hour before putting anything on top.
• While crust is waiting to cool, make your whipped cream and prep your fruit. Cut any fruit in half or wash, etc. Set aside. Then, remove your infused cream from refrigerator, and place in a large mixing bowl of stand mixer bowl. Beat until soft peaks form.
• Sprinkle sugar over cream, then beat again until soft peaks return.
• Smooth whipped cream, or yogurt topping alternative (see above) on to pie. Then, top with fruits, additional mint leaves if desired, and sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Refrigerate until ready to eat. For firmer slices, freeze for up to an hour before serving.
• Cut into slices and enjoy!
Yields 8 Servings