heirloom tomato recipes | summer heirloom tomatoes | tomato flatbread | sliced heirloom tomatoes |
2Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crusts
1⁄2a log of honey goat cheese (~approx 5.4 ounces... or use plain and stir in 1/2 tbsp honey)
1⁄2 tablespoonBasil Paste (this is a tube sold in the produce section, by Gourmet Garden)
1⁄2 tablespoonlemon olive oil (or sub regular)
6medium to large heirloom tomatoes (sliced)
1handful of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, using a fork mash the goat cheese together with the basil paste and olive oil until thoroughly combined.
- On a parchment lined baking tray, lay the Flatout crusts side by side. Using a butter knife, spread the goat cheese evenly in a thin layer on top of each crust.
- Cover the goat cheese with the sliced tomatoes overlapping them just a bit at the bottom of each slice, alternating colors if you so choose.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the crusts are crispy and lightly browned.
- Top with a few fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of honey (optional). Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, slice and serve immediately.
Yields 3 Servings