Mini Mummy Meatloaves
*We like the ketchup recipe from Whole30, or Simply Heinz.
NOTE: You will also need cupcake/muffin liners, mashed potatoes (you can make them homemade or use a quick boxed mix) and either sliced olives or peas for the eyes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a (12 well) muffin tin by inserting liners into wells. Then set aside.
- Next, prep all necessary food as described above: shred carrots, mince garlic, and fine dice onion, if using.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Divide meat mixture between the 12 wells of your pan.
- Then, transfer to your pre-heated oven. Cook approximately 15-20 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through.
- Once turkey is cooked through, remove muffin tin from oven, and brush tops of meatloaf muffins with a small amount of ketchup over top. Cook for approximately 5 minutes more. Then remove from oven to allow to slightly cool.
- While your turkey meatloaf muffins are cooking, makes mashed potatoes and peas. You can make mashed potatoes like you usually would make them (a homemade recipe), or can use a boxed mix of choice. One potatoes are done, scoop a portion of them in a Ziploc bag, and then snip the end of the bag (so that it resembles a pastry bag). Place cooked peas in a serving bowl. Set both aside.
- Once muffins are slightly cooled, pipe potatoes back and forth across the top of each of your muffins, until the design resembles a mummy, as shown in these photos.
- Then use sliced olives or peas to create eyes. If using peas for eyes, go ahead and serve the remainder of the peas for a side. Another fun idea? – A clementine “pumpkin.” Serve and enjoy!
Yields 12 Regular-sized Muffins