Vegan Carrot Cake Bars /// with dairy-free cream cheese frosting
1 cupRolled Oats
1 cupShredded Carrots
1⁄4 cupgolden raisins
1⁄4 cupSilk unsweetened vanilla almondmilk
1⁄4 cupMaple Syrup
1⁄2 cupChickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1⁄4 cupdried pineapple pieces
2⁄3 cupsDaiya - dairy-free cream cheese (for the frosting)
1 cupdairy-free white chocolate baking chips (for the frosting)
1⁄4 cupSilk vanilla almondmilk yogurt
1 teaspoonCinnamon (for the frosting)
1 teaspoonCoconut Sugar (or powdered monkfruit - for the frosting)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine all of the bar ingredients (rolled oats through nutmeg). Puree on high for approximately 90 seconds, until all of the big chunks are broken up. It should have a uniform look, as everything is blended together.
- Line a 9" square baking pan with parchment paper. Press bar mixture into it evenly, about 1 inch tall.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool on wire rack (or speed up in fridge) for 20 - 30 min.
- In a large mixing bowl, wiht a hand mixer, whip the dairy-free cream cheese until smooth.
- In a small stockpot, melt the dairy-free white chocolate chips. Then, stir in almondmilk yogurt and cinnamon + sugar. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the whipped cream cheese. Use the hand mixer again to whip it into a consistent frosting.
- Once the bars have cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting on top. Slice into squares. Serve!
Yields 9 Bars