Zucchini Muffins from the First Bites Cookbook
1 cupUnbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 cupwhole wheat flour
1⁄2 teaspoonBaking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoonBaking Soda
1⁄2 teaspoonground cinnamon
1 cupgrated zucchini
1⁄2 cupgrated carrot (*addition from the original recipe and totally optional)
1⁄3 cupOlive Oil (or sub melted coconut oil)
1⁄4 cupMaple Syrup
1 teaspoonVanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your mini muffin tray with paper liners (or spray with non-stick cooking spray),
- Combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In another combine grated zucchini, grated carrot* (if desired), mashed banana, oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and egg, and whisk until well incorporated.
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until mixed through.
- Place a spoonful of batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 12- 14 minutes, until muffins are cooked through. (You might need to bake a few minutes longer for full-size muffins than mini ones).
- Let cool and serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Yields 12 Muffins