Golden Meatloaf: made with golden beets and cornbread crumbs || No Sugar Sweet Life
1 poundLean Ground Beef (or sub ground turkey)
1 cupDried Cornbread Crumbs (or sub regular breadcrumbs)
1Golden beet (peeled, roasted, & diced)
1 tablespoonMinced Garlic
1 tablespoonWorcestershire Sauce
1⁄2 canCampbell's Tomato Soup (or sub tomato paste)
1⁄2 cupKetchup (for glaze)
1 teaspoonCumin (for glaze)
1 tablespoonhoney (for glaze)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast golden beet (sliced/flat) for 45 minutes, then dice. (Can do this step ahead of time and refrigerate the roasted/softened beets)
- Mix together all non-glaze ingredients.
- Form a loaf with your hands.
- Place the meatloaf onto a baking sheet.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together, and spoon it on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
Yields 6 Servings