Superfood Cornbread Muffins -- perfect for a lunchbox paired with chili and red grapes. // via Nosh and Nourish
1 1⁄2 cupcornbread mix (I used Bob's Redmill GF Cornbread Mix)
1 teaspoonBaking Powder
1⁄4 teaspoonSea Salt
1⁄4 cupmashed avocado
1⁄4 cupCoconut Oil
1 cupSilk unsweetened almondmilk (or sub regular milk or cashewmilk)
1 tablespoonDark Amber Maple Syrup (optional)
1 cuporganic sweet corn kernels (canned or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: mashed avocado, coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, corn, and cashewmilk. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the cornbread mix, baking powder, and salt.
- Use non-stick spray or additional coconut oil to coat a muffin pan.
- Spoon batter evenly into the pan, filling each cup about 3/4s full.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
Yields 12 Muffins